Legal consulting is about the application of law, and the sub-disciplines are very identifiable, with clearly defined boundaries.
Popular areas of legal consulting
These are the popular areas of legal consulting, and their scope:
- Constitutional and administrative law – legal services for constitutional and administrative matters
- Contract law – legal services for contract related matters
- Criminal law – legal services for criminal matters
- Equity and trusts – legal services for equity and trusts matters
- Intellectual property – legal services for intellectual property matters
- International law – legal services in international laws and regulations
- Litigation and dispute resolution – legal services for litigation and dispute resolution
- Property law – legal services for property related matters
- Tort law – legal services for civil wrongs
What to look for in a legal consultant
Legal consulting is a discipline where the consultants have a formal certification founded upon years of academic study and monitored practice, plus ongoing formally measured professional development. So your first consideration is to identify a consultant in the required legal consulting area.
The second consideration is whether your consultant should have experience in your organisation’s sector and industry. And the final consideration is the strength of this experience – which will range from just familiar through to very deep.
If you are ready to speak to a legal consultant for your needs, select the "Legal" category in our quick online wizard.