Procurement consulting is a discipline which emerged due to significant changes in distribution models, as a result of the decline in manufacturing and the advent of the services economy, with a greater reliance on third party and outsourced relationships.
Procurement consultants are helping organisations to develop and implement optimal procurement approaches and solutions, which include assistance with tenders, contracts and vendor management.
Review the procurement consulting services below to manage the procurement of goods and services to meet your needs in terms of cost, quality, quantity, time and location.
Types of procurement consulting
- Contract negotiation support – provide advice, guidance and support for contract negotiation activities
- Inventory planning, optimisation – define, develop, evaluate and implement optimised inventory planning policies and procedures
- Probity advisory services – establish effective foundations for probity, often in conjunction with a tender process
- Procurement outsourcing – provide outsourced procurement services and solutions
- Procurement systems and IT solutions
- Spend analysis and reduction – analyse procurement related expenditures to identify, qualify and implement reductions
- Tender support – provide advice, guidance and support for tender related activities; preparation, market analysis, management, and evaluation
- Vendor management and governance
What to look for in a procurement consultant
Your procurement consultant must understand the business drivers – cost, quality, quantity, time, location, etc. – which are driving you to optimise your procurement activities.
If you are ready to speak to a procurement consultant for your needs, select the "Procurement" category in our quick online wizard.